Eager to fully utilize my counseling background and 16 years of education experience to implement and develop strong academic programs which offer students a powerful hands-on and interactive learning environment that cultivates enthusiasm in the learning process.
Professional Achievements & Career Overview
Practicum Counseling – Greenhouse | Jan ‘06- May '06| Orlando, FL
Productively facilitated therapy with adolescents, children, and adults in a supportive counseling environment and maintained appropriate case management.
Personal Computer Consultant/Mentor | 2002- Present | Apopka, FL
Successfully provide personalized computer coaching and training to individuals and businesses, assessing client needs and tailoring specific study for technological independence and personal growth
- Coordinate & develop innovative guides and online resources for all clients:
- Successful administration & client relations for both a flourishing Web Design & Consulting business
- Dedicated computer consultant for local company from January 2002 until May 2003
International Academy of Design & Technology | Jan ‘03- Jan ‘06 | Orlando, FL
Worked as both an Academic Student Advisor and Adjunct Instructor, engaging in ongoing support and interaction with students at-risk or with low motivational initiatives; strengths in cultivating a positive classroom environment to elevate student interest and involvement in the learning process.
- Coordinate & Develop Online Resources for all courses taught:
- Introduction to Computers, Helpdesk Technologies, Programming for the Internet, & Web Fundamentals - http://iadt.learn2xl.org
Lake Francis Condominium Association | 2003- 2005 | Apopka, FL
Unanimously voted to represent the Homeowners of Lake Francis as an Association Board Member
- President – 2004
- Vice President – 2003
- Director – 2005: Website Development for HOA www.lakefrancis.org (2004-2006)
Community & Volunteer Related Achievements | Ongoing | Orlando, FL
Ongoing community participation involving teaching, coordinating, and web design work
- Cub Scouts – Bear Den Leader, Pack 639 in Zellwood Florida (2003 – 2004)
- ADDitions Volunteer - Zellwood Elementary (2001-2004) – Clay Springs Elementary (2004-2006)
- Teacher-Volunteer Team Award for the North Learning Community- OCPS (2001)
- Involvement in Family Events, Zellwood Website, Scholastic Book Fair Coordinator
- Junior Achievement Volunteer – Apopka Middle School (Fall 2003)
Educator - Technology/Literacy/Media Specialist | 1992-2002 | Florida & Arizona
Dedicated to improved teaching through organized, community-oriented and diversified educational experiences that served to challenge and stimulate diverse multi-cultural groups of students. Specific highlights are related to hands-on intercommunity experiences that motivated life-long learning in students.